Databend aimed to be an open source elastic and reliable cloud warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
This week, Databend releases v0.6.0-nightly and begins a new six-week iteration. To learn about the main changes in v0.6, please see Checklist proposal: Nightly v0.6.
Get a sneak peek at the goals of v0.7 ? Check out Checklist proposal: Nightly v0.7.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- [common/containers] add conn pool by @drmingdrmer (#3468)
- add SHOW GRANTS [FOR xxx] statement by @flaneur2020. (#3366)
- KVApi support cross nodes read-after-write by @drmingdrmer (#3405)
- describe stage by @sundy-li. (#3361)
- fuse sys funcs by @dantengsky. (#3302)
- [common/meta/sled-store] txn-tree: add update_and_fetch() by @drmingdrmer (#3329)
- add strings functions
- add expression nullable support by @junli1026 (#3452)
- grant all privileges to the root user of localhost by @silathdiir (#3404)
- support CTAS(Create Table As Select) statement by @junli1026 (#3400)
- github issues/prs table add created/updated/closed time by @Veeupup (#3327)
- follower forward request to leader
- add more query log events to query log table by @BohuTANG. (#3299)
Build / Test / CI
- refactor the whole ci into stages by @Xuanwo (#3344)
- apply the new test style to databend by @PsiACE (track at #1866)
- make logs_handler return a bytes stream by @sunli829. (#3422)
- fix string2string by @mshauneu. (#3332)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
Discuss proposals for Databend
We currently have some discussions about proposals on the GitHub that may help you understand the mechanics of the work or get involved.
Clever use of caching can provide effective acceleration for Databend. We are implementing a single node memory-disk level 2 cache. Perhaps we will be moving towards distributed caching soon, more discussion on design and implementation is welcome, let's hear your thoughts. Related discussion #3478.
Re-organise our building systems
Our current build / test system is quite complex. We have Makeflie, Dockerfile(s), and a lot of shell / python scripts. We want to build a build/test/benchmark system based on the Rust style, so if you have any good ideas, please feel free to share to us. Related discussion #3419.
Refactor CI pipleline into stages
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
From open source, for open source. Our team is also committed to contributing to the Rust ecosystem and upstream dependencies.
- datafuse-extras/sqlparser-rs #11: add column comment for create table by @Junnplus
- datafuse-extras/sqlparser-rs #12: support negative numbers as value by @sundy-li & @PsiACE
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.