Databend is an open source elastic and reliable Modern Cloud Data Warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- databend-query: add ndjson source for streaming load by @sundy-li, (#4561)
- common-functions: embed markdown dos into system.functions by @sundy-li, (#4552)
- databend-query: add user option for user info: introduce user options to separate system management privileges and security object privileges. by @Junnplus, (#4553)
- common-datavalues: support Semi-structured array, object data type by @b41sh, (#4571)
- http handler: support basic clickhouse REST handler by @youngsofun, (#4613)
- databend-query: add
check_jsonfunction by @kevinw66, (#4606)
- databend-query(processor): support pushing executor by @zhang2014, (#4625)
- databend-query: version of storage layout by @dantengsky, (#4244)
- databend-query: remove manage access check and use tenant statement by @Junnplus, (#4616)
- datavalues: Simd selected for StringColumn by @LiuYuHui, (#4528)
- databend-query: impove performance of insert-into literal values by @ygf11, (#4497)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
Announcing Databend v0.7.0-nightly
This release brings Databend architecture to a stable stage!
- Simple primitive data type framework
- New Pull&Push-Based Processor framework
- Git-Like table format with snapshot transaction isolation
- Announce OpenDAL for object storage data access
- Announce OpenRaft to improve raft as the next generation consensus protocol
v0.7.0-nightly also includes several new user-facing features, performance optimizations, and many other improvements, activate your object storage for big data analytics!
To learn more, please check out Announcing Databend v0.7.0 - Deploy easier, query faster.
Want to know what will happen in v0.8.0? Please check Checklist proposal: Nightly v0.8.
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.