Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
Exciting New Features ✨
- add API
- jsonb functions support json string (#8222)
- parallel read of ndjson in copy (#8199)
- add share table query (#8198)
- add limit push down to fuse_snapshot (#8201)
- retry fuse table write operations (#8244)
- migrate array func to func-v2 (#8169)
- support cast between date/timestamp and string (#8147)
- implement arithmetic functions for
- migrate date to number functions to v2 (#8257)
- migrate datetime rounder functions to v2 (#8281)
Code Refactor 🎉
- refactor hash join (#8173)
Thoughtful Bug Fix 🔧
AsKeySpace::clear()should not entire sled tree (#8288)
- fix dead lock when force kill sessions (#8242)
- query version is incorrect (#8272)
- fix undrop not working as expected if table is dropped by using
drop table t all(#8177)
- fix dead lock caused by incorrect semaphore permit control (#8226)
Let's take a look at what's new at Datafuse Labs & Databend each week.
Add cache support for Databend Query
In past discussions (Issues: #6786), Databend has planned to introduce a new cache solution to help better handle hot data.
We have recently tried to push this forward and have now implemented two cache layers in OpenDAL for metadata and content data respectively, and introduced a
CacheOperator to Databend.
Next, we will consider using OpenDAL to take over Databend's existing in-memory cache, and then tune it according to practice.
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.