Check out what we've done this week to make Databend even better for you.
Features & Improvements ✨
- add reader-min-msg-ver and msg-min-reader-ver in proto-conv (#9535)
- efficiently memory two level group by in standalone mode (#9504)
Code Refactoring 🎉
- replace h3ron to h3o (#9553)
- use ctx to store the function evaluation error (#9501)
- refactor map access to support view read tuple inner (#9516)
- bump opendal for streaming read support (#9503)
- refactor bloom index to use vectorized siphash function (#9542)
Bug Fixes 🔧
- fix memory leak for unsized hash table (#9551)
- fix row group stats collection (#9537)
What's On In Databend
Stay connected with the latest news about Databend.
New Year, New Expression!
We're so thrilled to tell you that Databend now fully works with New Expression after more than a half year of dedicated work. New Expression introduces a formal type system to Databend and supports type-safe downward casting , making the definition of functions easier.
New Expression is still being tuned, and a new version (v0.9) of Databend will be released once the tuning work is complete.
What's Up Next
We're always open to cutting-edge technologies and innovative ideas. You're more than welcome to join the community and bring them to Databend.
The UNNEST function takes an array as a parameter, and returns a table containing each element of the array in a row.
UNNEST(ARRAY) [WITH OFFSET]
If you're interested in becoming a contributor, helping us develop the
UNNEST function would be a good start.
Please let us know if you're interested in contributing to this issue, or pick up a good first issue at https://link.databend.rs/i-m-feeling-lucky to get started.
You can check the changelog of Databend Nightly for details about our latest developments.
We're gearing up for the v0.9 release of Databend. Stay tuned.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Connect With Us
We'd love to hear from you. Feel free to run the code and see if Databend works for you. Submit an issue with your problem if you need help.
DatafuseLabs Community is open to everyone who loves data warehouses. Please join the community and share your thoughts.