Databend is an open source elastic and reliable Modern Cloud Data Warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- databend-query: support copy csv/parquet files from s3 directory by @sundy-li, (#4373)
- *: add management mode support to manage warehouse metadata by @ZhiHanZ, (#4379)
- databend-query: support show roles by @Junnplus, (#4400)
- databend-query: implement admin$reload_config procedure by @zhang2014, (#4407)
- databend-query: support grant role and revoke role by @Junnplus, (#4451)
- databend-query: add rename table command by @kevinw66, (#4425)
- databend-query: limit pushdown in read plan by @dantengsky, (#4428)
- http server: query add http api /v1/status by @youngsofun, (#4454)
- databend-query: embed more column meta data inside SegmentInfo by @dantengsky, (#4372)
- databend-query: change async rwlock to sync to avoid async drop by @ariesdevil, (#4394)
- databend-query: implement new block reader for fuse engine by @zhang2014, (#4383)
- databend-query: support copy from stage by @sundy-li, (#4437)
- databend-query: change bloom filter to use datavalue2 by @junli1026, (#4418)
- functions: refactor ScalarExpression and add simd operator by @zhyass, (#4375)
- databend-query&datablocks: introduce HashMethodSingleString by @sundy-li, (#4417)
- databend-query: dedicated runtime for io tasks by @dantengsky, (#4404)
- databend-query: fix hang after async processor throw error by @zhang2014, (#4380)
- databend-query: global MetaGrpcClient cause dispatch drop error by @ariesdevil, (#4361)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
Deploy Databend and try to develop
Databend has now completely updated its online documentation, supports for multiple deployment scenarios including local disk, s3, minio, and more, and provides first step for application developers in Go and Python.
- With local disk: https://databend.rs/doc/deploy/local
- With AWS S3: https://databend.rs/doc/deploy/s3
- With MinIO: https://databend.rs/doc/deploy/minio
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.