Databend is an open source elastic and reliable Modern Cloud Data Warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- add statistics to
- add metasrv time travel functions (#5468 & #5566)
- snapshot timestamp & navigation (#5535)
- undrop table & show history (#5562)
Migrate to new planner
- translate subquery into apply operator (#5510)
- common tree structure formatter for plan display (#5512)
TRIMfunction in new planner (#5541)
- support array literal in new planner (#5551)
- support compare variant with other data types (#5463)
- support variant max/min functions (#5525)
- support variant as function (#5442)
- replace todos in datavalues with ErrorCode (#5475)
- add stage quota for tenant (#5575)
- simplify catalog and meta (#5560)
hash join performance improvement
- optimize hash join, ~6x performance improvement (#5497)
DataBlock::gather_blocksin hash join, ~2x performance improvement in some cases (#5534)
Build / Testing / CI
- fix bugs of logic test scripts and some cases (#5578)
- add i18n support with crowdin (#5545),
- fix retention aggregation coredump bug (#5450)
- fix server hang when parallel execute query (#5482)
- fix wrong output in hash join (#5538 & #5539)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
Do Conversion Funnel Analysis With Databend
Funnel analysis measures the number of unique users who has performed a set of actions, and we use it to see drop-off and conversion in multi-step processes.
Create a Table
CREATE TABLE events(user_id BIGINT, event_name VARCHAR, event_timestamp TIMESTAMP);
Now we have a table with the following fields:
user_id- a unique identifier for user
event_name- type of the event, like: login, visit, cart and purchase
event_timestamp- timestamp which event occurred
It's easy and performance to use Databend WINDOW_FUNNEL Function to find out how far the user
user_id could get through the chain in an hour window slides.
SELECT level, count() AS count FROM ( SELECT user_id, window_funnel(3600000000)(event_timestamp, event_name = 'login', event_name = 'visit', event_name = 'cart', event_name = 'purchase') AS level FROM events GROUP BY user_id ) GROUP BY level ORDER BY level ASC;
- How to Do Conversion Funnel Analysis With Databend
- Doc | Databend
- Source Code | Databend
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.