Databend is an open source elastic and reliable Modern Cloud Data Warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- support cte in parser #7030
- add Create/Drop Share sql support (#6975 & #6987)
- add Grant and Revoke Share Object sql support (#7009)
- add mysql dialect #7071
- avoid making cycle between roles (#7051)
- implement column pruning for heuristic optimizer (#6478)
- support name resolution for alias (#6979)
- enable projection pushdown (#6938)
- enable new planner by default (#6869)
- enhanced case-sensitivity of identifiers (#7026)
- generate cluster statistics in deletion (#7041)
- extract storages into sub crates (#6981)
- refactor add/remove share accounts API (#7029)
- pb::S3StorageConfig should be decoded into StorageS3Config, instead of into enum StorageParams (#7047)
- trait FromToPB use associated type instead of type parameter (#7048)
- introduce Id for KVApi (#7055)
- merge TableIdGen, DatabaseIdGen and ShareIdGen into one id-generator key (#7062)
- enable subquery tests in ydb suit (#6948)
- add mini hits dataset 100k to stateful test (#6964)
- test fuse-table compatibility (#6990)
- fix hive table read when pushdowns is None (#7008)
- fix column prune for
- fix prune projection (#7013)
- fix clickhouse handler, try catch error before response (#7019)
- fix case sensitivity of cluster by expression (#7060)
Let's take a look at what's new at Databend each week.
Release proposal: Nightly v0.9
Databend plans to release v0.8 in the coming week, with new parser and planner support.
The call for proposals for the release of v0.9 is now open. See Release proposal: Nightly v0.9 #7052
Benchmarking Databend using TPC-H
Databend has recently enabled the new Planner by default, which means that we have fully enabled support for JOIN queries and correlated subqueries.
Now you can easily run the TPC-H test suite with Databend and perform benchmark tests. See Benchmarking Databend using TPC-H
Deprecate clickhouse's tcp protocol support
As the Clickhouse TCP protocol is almost a black box and requires a lot of effort to ensure compatibility, Databend has removed compatibility with the Clickhouse TCP protocol. See Deprecate clickhouse's tcp protocol support #7012
Databend will focus on Clickhouse HTTP protocol compatibility to ensure compatibility with the existing ecosystem.
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.