Check out what we've done this week to make Databend even better for you.
Features & Improvements ✨
- implement show tables (from|in catalog.database) (#9153)
- introduce histogram in column statistics (#9310)
- support attaching stage for insert values (#9249)
- add native format in fuse table (#9279)
- add internal_enable_sandbox_tenant config and sandbox_tenant (#9277)
- introduce rust native sqllogictest framework (#9150)
Code Refactoring 🎉
- unify apply_file_format_options for copy & insert (#9323)
- remove unused code (#9266)
- test watcher count (#9324)
- replace TableContext in planner with PlannerContext (#9290)
Bug Fixes 🔧
- fix unknown database in query without relation to this database (#9250)
- fix wrong current_role when drop the role (#9276)
What's On In Databend
Stay connected with the latest news about Databend.
Introduced a Rust Native Sqllogictest Framework
Sqllogictest verifies the results returned from a SQL database engine by comparing them with the results of other engines for the same queries.
In the past, Databend ran such tests using a program written in Python and migrated a large number of test cases from other popular databases. We implemented the program again with sqllogictest-rs in recent days.
Experimental: Native Format
Databend is introducing PA as a native storage format in the hope of getting a performance boost, though it's still at an early stage of development.
create table tmp (a int) ENGINE=FUSE STORAGE_FORMAT='native';
What's Up Next
We're always open to cutting-edge technologies and innovative ideas. You're more than welcome to join the community and bring them to Databend.
Checking File Existence Before Returning Presigned URL
When presigning a file, Databend currently returns a potentially valid URL based on the filename without checking if the file really exists. Thus, the 404 error might occur if the file doesn't exist at all.
Please let us know if you're interested in contributing to this issue, or pick up a good first issue at https://link.databend.rs/i-m-feeling-lucky to get started.
You can check the changelog of Databend Nightly for details about our latest developments.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Connect With Us
We'd love to hear from you. Feel free to run the code and see if Databend works for you. Submit an issue with your problem if you need help.
DatafuseLabs Community is open to everyone who loves data warehouses. Please join the community and share your thoughts.