Databend aimed to be an open source elastic and reliable cloud warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- range filter support more multi-column expression scenarios by @zhyass. (#3851
- refine the error code by @BohuTANG. (#3833)
- lower the memory usage of BlockStreamWriter by @dantengsky. (#3818)
- manage role storage in metasrv by @flaneur2020. (#3878)
- introduce databend Dev container by @ZhiHanZ. (#3853)
- use peotry to manage all python packages by @Xuanwo. (#3902)
- fix bug that list_databases return all tenants' databases by @ariesdevil. (#3876)
- optimize table cause of meta data damage by @dantengsky. (#3873)
- fix MySQL 8.0 JDBC compatibility error by @TCeason. (#3852)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
Build/Test Databend with Dev container
In #3853 , we have introduced a development container to make it easy for contributors to build and test Databend.
build binary artifacts
./scripts/setup/run_docker.sh make build
./scripts/setup/run_docker.sh make test
debug or get into dev container
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
From open source, for open source. Our team is also committed to contributing to the Rust ecosystem and upstream dependencies.
- A ton of updates to openraft. by @drmingdrmer & @lichuang
- release naive-cityhash v0.2.0: add basic 64 bit cityhash support. by @PsiACE
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.