Databend aimed to be an open source elastic and reliable cloud warehouse, it offers blazing fast query and combines elasticity, simplicity, low cost of the cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy.
Below is a list of some major changes that we don't want you to miss.
- meta support multi-tenant by @ariesdevil. (#3790)
- support USE TENANT 'tenant_id' by @BohuTANG. (#3793)
- add priv check by @flaneur2020. (#3710)
- range filter support multi-column expression by @zhyass. (#3835
- refine transaction impl by @ariesdevil. (#3837)
- add storage configs to system.configs by @lianghanzhen. (#3822)
- split the apply_cmd function to sub functions by @lichuang. (#3831)
- refine cache by @dantengsky. (#3798)
- improve for expression monotonicity visitor by @zhyass. (#3783
- simplify the grant verify logic by @flaneur2020. (#3804)
Let's learn a weekly tip from Databend.
New datatype system design
We need to redesign the
datatype system because current implementation had some shortcomes.
DataType is an enum type:
- We must use specific type after matching.
- We can't use it as generic argument.
- It may involve some nested datatypes.
- And hard to put attributes into it.
Want to find out how we will improve the DataType system? Please check the RFC - New datatype system design.
Plan to jump to specific implementation and track progress? Databend#3794 might be for you.
You can check the changelogs of Databend nightly to learn about our latest developments.
From open source, for open source. Our team is also committed to contributing to the Rust ecosystem and upstream dependencies.
Please join the DatafuseLabs Community if you are interested in Databend.
We are looking forward to seeing you try our code. We have a strong team behind you to ensure a smooth experience in trying our code for your projects. If you are a hacker passionate about database internals, feel free to play with our code.
You can submit issues for any problems you find. We also highly appreciate any of your pull requests.